I might change the design around here; things are looking a bit stale to me, and I can’t stand that pink border WordPress insists on wrapping around my photos. I’d like to wrap it around their heads.
Anyway, this is too funny not to write about. This is the stuff I wash my face with at night. I recently used up the last bit in a bottle (well, as you know, the very last bit is impossible to reach without sawing the bottle in half) and filled it with water, shook it up, poured it out and filled it again to clean it to recycle. I set it aside out of the way and forgot about it. Amazon sent a new bottle, which and I placed in its usual spot in the cabinet. Here are the bottles, on the left with water.
Jennifer, my wife, who normally uses her own facial cleaner recently began to use mine. One night last week she asked me something like “Why are there two bottle of that stuff?”
“That one’s just water.” I pointed at the old one.
Heh. This is hilarious. For several nights in a row, she’d been washing her face with the one filled with water. Notice on the bottle it says “Clinically shown gentle as water.” I guess that’s why she kept trying. She was rubbing like hell in her wash cloth wondering why it wasn’t lathering even just a little.
Needless to say, I laughed my ass off that night and showed her the obvious difference in color and consistency.
Whew, that was fun to write. I’ll hear about this later when she reads it. I’m sure she’s done some other dumb stuff lately, but I can’t think of anything. Of course, I do dumb stuff all the time, but it’s not as funny, and I’m holding the “pen.”
* * *
It’s getting colder every day. Some observations and predictions.
- Ice cream will be less fun to eat.
- Riding my bike will begin to suck.
- I’ve almost completely stopped saying, “I’m sweating my balls off!”
- More often, I’ll be saying “I’m freezing my balls off!”
- Soon I’m going to say “Where’d I put my damn gloves?”
- Getting the girls to walk the dogs will be five times more difficult than it already is.
- Once I find the gloves, on a dog walk, I’ll spend too much time trying to open those maddening poop bags, while the dogs wrap themselves around my legs. Then I’ll get all pissy and tell Jennifer we’re getting rid of the dogs. And cats.
- Our puppy, who will be experiencing her first winter, will be like “What the hell?”